Author Topic: damn  (Read 2284 times)

• USPMA Member
  • USPMA 03
damn
« on: August 05, 2013, 10:19:53 AM »
Hooked up with an older Vet from yamha forums to discuss riding route 6 up here before the Rally at Brents all was going pretty good untill he saw I was carrying and then the topic changed and he obviously backed out [finger3]

Towed Jumper

• USPMA Officer
  • USPMA 01
    • USPMA
Re: damn
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 12:14:28 PM »
Well, you do look silly carrying that pink AR.

Photog101

• USPMA Member
Re: damn
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 01:59:48 PM »
If you are legal in carrying, then screw him.  The biggest problem we have is that if you do not use your rights, then you loose them.  That is the biggest problem here in Michigan, is that it is legal to open carry but since not all that many people here utilize that right, the cops don't know how to handle it. 

When open-carrying in Michigan, if you do not have a CPL, you have to follow certain procedures when getting in and out of a vehicle.  If you have a CPL, then you are good to go with sliding in and out of your vehicle.  The other problem is that many LEO's do not understand that when carrying on a motorcycle, you are not IN a motor vehicle ... you are ON a motor vehicle and there is no violation of the law.  You will notice that in the attached .pdf, that it only refers to IN a motor vehicle.  I you are on a motorcycle, it is visible and in plain sight and does not constitute a concealed pistol. 

http://miopencarry.org/sites/default/files/MSP_Legal_Update_No._86_2_336854_7.pdf

Every time that I have had a problem with a LEO, I have requested a shift supervisor and once they are on the scene, and I hand them a copy of Update #86, they let me go. 
Photodoc