Author Topic: Knees in the Breeze  (Read 2908 times)

Redd

• USPMA Member
  • USPMA # 33
Knees in the Breeze
« on: March 13, 2013, 11:09:44 AM »
I'm gettin' the bug. I had 25 military jumps and I did the first 4 AFF jumps at a local skydive place here in Nor Cal back in 98. Damn if I'm not gettin' the bug again. Guess it's something you just don't get over. I called those guys back to see if I can't get a little slack on the price, I'd really like to get back into it.
Ain't nothin' but a thing

Towed Jumper

• USPMA Officer
  • USPMA 01
    • USPMA
Re: Knees in the Breeze
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 01:43:19 PM »
I wish I had the travel money to go to Z-hills.  [parachute]

• USPMA Member
  • USPMA 03
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 02:23:56 AM »
Was talking to a new guy at work that Sky Dives and he was telling me that the place he goes to about an hour away does static line [wtf]

Redd

• USPMA Member
  • USPMA # 33
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 10:38:52 AM »
Well I've managed to put a small group of guys together from my M/C for a AFF jump at Skydance...local place here in Nor Cal. Damn, I'm feeling like a kid in a candy store. OK, I'm stoked. Gonna put this together for May, gotta budget for it, not to mention May is a little warmer at 13k feet.
 http://www.skydanceskydiving.net/
Ain't nothin' but a thing

Photog101

• USPMA Member
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 09:07:13 PM »
Sticky:

I think that almost all skydive facilities have static line jumps.  James, my son, and I got to jump a Cessna 182 in 2004 at Grand Lake, Ohio and since my license had expired, I had to make a static line jump with a 7 cell canopy.  It is a step up from a tandem jump for those who would like to continue.  For those who have not been to Z'hills, FL., here is a taste of what happened on 03Sep2011 ... 45 years to the week after I got my blood wings. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D9_7OfhXfw&list=FLLpQ5DCrrHirk0lhkSCgjsw&index=34

That jump was dedicated to Carl "Shep" Shefferd. 

September seems to be a good month for me and exiting an aircraft while in flight. 

Also, in 2002, I got to pin my blood wings on my son, Docdoogie, 36 years to the week after to got them.

Photodoc

sell