Author Topic: Given a choice lol  (Read 5248 times)

• USPMA Member
  • USPMA 03
Given a choice lol
« on: October 06, 2012, 10:58:38 AM »
Betwee a new truck OR a brand new bike...I'm optioning for the NEW bike keeping the old one for around town /over night short trips like the one I did with Dad.So actualy looking at the royal star or kawasaki because of price so I can start taking some long haul trips to visit some of you ;D

Scooter

• De inimico non loquaris sed cogites.
  • USPMA Member
  • USPMA 02
Re: Given a choice lol
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 04:15:35 PM »
Ride to Corpus Christie.  Stop by here. 
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 09:21:07 PM by Scooter »

• USPMA Member
  • USPMA 03
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 04:29:26 PM »
Trust me that is something I'd love to do;a Marine friend at work rode to Sturgis and did a complete loop of Texas then to Florida..he took 2 weeks to do it though

Photog101

• USPMA Member
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 08:35:54 PM »
I have been giving some thought to changing out my ride.  I have been looking real hard at a FatBoy with detachable windshield, engine guards, and throw over bags with a trailer hitch.   Just can't swing it at this time. 

I to need a new truck and can't swing that either. 
Photodoc

Towed Jumper

• USPMA Officer
  • USPMA 01
    • USPMA
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 08:04:42 AM »
I like the look, but the Harley's are to small for me. I always feel cramped on them.

• USPMA Member
  • USPMA 03
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 01:53:09 AM »
I'm limiled at what I can safely reach the ground on.

Towed Jumper

• USPMA Officer
  • USPMA 01
    • USPMA
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2012, 09:47:34 AM »
Like a skateboard.

Photog101

• USPMA Member
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2012, 11:46:12 PM »
I'm limiled at what I can safely reach the ground on.
Like a skateboard.

I was thinking more of a Roller Skate
Photodoc

• USPMA Member
  • USPMA 03
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2012, 04:50:23 AM »
Specking of skate;while my Dad and I were doing the PA. Route6 ride we ran across this guy on one of those Can-Ams.Never got to see one close up and he was excited to give us the sales pitch.He was 82 and said he still loved to ride but his goldwing was just getting to cumbersome for him and his wife.His model it had the 5000.00 towing package ran him 42k! It was a 6-speed with Rotax motor the only thing he didn't care for was power steering.Thing was pretty cool even if its a rich mans toy

• USPMA Member
  • USPMA 03
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2012, 04:34:40 AM »
Heh well the local dealer here can kiss by ass! Yesterday I bagan my 7 days off that leads into vacation where next week I'll be archery hunting in the mountains + grouse hunting,but anyways I decided I need a new helmet since its been pretty chilly like 38 in the morning.So while at the stealer shipI see this really nice Yamaha royal-star not set up as a full dresser but everything I wanted.Salesman says let me have our maintence guy appraise yours then we can work out something we will both be happy with.Bastards came back with a 2000.00 offer saying they have to change my exhaust (hard chrome) so they have better access to oil filter then said I need new tires bwaaaaaaaaaaaaa in which I said fucker they still have the titties on them as I just bought the bike in May and watched them put those Dunlops on it..give me my keys because your defined as a stealership